login

Author Topic: Open restaurants?  (Read 3668 times)

Offline Sifi

• View Profile
Open restaurants?
« on: February 16, 2018, 07:53:03 AM »
I`m a regular in Plakias in the summertime. I have never been there in the winter, but plan to do so this winter.
Are all the restaurants in town closed for the winter?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 01:34:14 PM by Sifi »

Offline Frank And Julie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Open restaurants?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 09:34:25 PM »
Sifi, and Throubie open all the year round only closing for a week or so for re-decorating but both open at the moment, the souvlaki restaurant on the main road is open most days, I think Mouses will open in a month and Merastri at Selia was opening Fri, Sat and Sunday not sure if they are still doing that and Taverna Mariou at Mariou is open all of the time, Stells at Lefkogeia is always open day and night, so plenty to choose from some of the smaller places have a limited "winter menu" .
Oscraco`s and the coffee shop up from Tasomanolis are open all day.
Its a great time of year to come but the town is a bit of a mess at the moment with all the pipe laying works going on, where were you planning on staying ?

Offline Sifi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 08:14:17 AM »
Thanks for the update.

So good to hear that there is life in Plakias also during the winter-season.

I really would love one of Sifis gyros! At the moment it seems like work has gotten in the way of my dream to visit Plakias in the wintertime. Maybe next year.

Offline jocelyne81

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 08:50:34 AM »
Which kind of temperature do you have in these days in Plakias, day and night ?

Kind regards,

Jocelyne

Offline steven

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://members.ziggo.nl/steefbez/
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 10:27:06 AM »

Which kind of temperature do you have in these days in Plakias, day and night ?

Kind regards,

Jocelyne

Surf here:

http://penteli.meteo.gr/stations/plakias/
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:28:54 AM by steven »
No trees were killed in the posting of this message but a large number of electrons became terribly excited.

Offline Frank And Julie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 07:55:33 PM »
As an overview it averages about 15 in the day dropping to about 10 at night, the coldest has been about 8 in the day and the warmest about 25, so compared to Uk at lot warmer although last year was a lot colder going down to 3-4 deg some days.
Not much else happening -  the road works are still working towards the new harbour just got past Tasomanolis Taverner leaving a wake of destruction in the badly stoned trench they have left behind starting outside Kri Kri, further to my last post on the Creta Mare they are having new glass balconies handrails and they have made the rooms about a meter bigger and with new wider patios to get a better look at the view ! A new development has just started next to Plakias Suits at the far end and I have been told it is 14 apartments and 3  or 4 houses I think they are for sale once complete rather than to be rented.