4 (4.1%)
Terrace/Balcony
0 (0%)
Damnoni Beach
9 (9.2%)
Further Afield
12 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Where do you sunbathe?  (Read 52194 times)

Offline Rodger

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
Where do you sunbathe?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2005, 06:52:56 PM »
While Plakias beach is great and you can go nude there, you can end up being samdblasted a bit there when the wind gets up, so my favourite beach is Mikro Ammoudi (the small one which is the next one along the coast eastwards from Damnoni).  As the beach is very small pebbles it eliminates the sandpaper effect and being 99.9% naturist makes it a must if you want to get your togs off! 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=1112\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Things have changed a lot since Sep 2003 - or maybe it's just the difference between July and September?

anyway two weeks ago it was nowhere near 99.9%, I wasn't counting but it may not have been much more than 50 - 60%.  But encouragingly, this included a fair few Greeks whose attitude to all-over tanning seems to have changed dramatically since my last visit in the 90s (also evident at Plakias far end and Sougia).

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where do you sunbathe?
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2005, 12:43:58 PM »
Things have changed a lot since Sep 2003 - or maybe it's just the difference between July and September?

anyway two weeks ago it was nowhere near 99.9%, I wasn't counting but it may not have been much more than 50 - 60%.  But encouragingly, this included a fair few Greeks whose attitude to all-over tanning seems to have changed dramatically since my last visit in the 90s (also evident at Plakias far end and Sougia).

I think this depends on the season. In June it was certainly 90%+. The same at the eastern end of Sougia (the bit beyond where you have to step in the sea a bit) - that was over the Greek Pentecost weekend. Having seen other clothing-optional beaches in Greece I think you see a lot more costumes in high season than you do in June and September.

I have also seen Mikro Ammoudhi change from day to day. At weekends (particularly Sunday) you get a lot of locals coming and although some of them bare all the majority do not, probably because they come in large extended-family groups.

Greecemad

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - rowenabarlow@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.results4u.co.uk
Where do you sunbathe?
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2006, 11:38:06 PM »
We don't do the nudist thing but plenty of our friends do! It's def a seasonal thing as in August ( been 3 times then ) & only saw costumes

R & C

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where do you sunbathe?
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2006, 07:46:25 AM »
Quote from: Rowena & Carl
We don't do the nudist thing but plenty of our friends do! It's def a seasonal thing as in August ( been 3 times then ) & only saw costumes

R & C
R&C - I think you must be thinking of the main Amoudi or Damnoni beaches - certainly when we've been to Micro Amoudi at the beginning of September it's definitely a naturist beach.

Offline bryhy

• View Profile
    • Email
Where do you sunbathe?
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2006, 09:30:17 AM »
Noticed in June this year that there were more naturist couples expanding (in the nicest possible sense) towards Plakias into the next section of sunbeds.

Also discovered the easten end of Souda which was OK when the sand blasting at the far end and micro amoudi was too unpleasant. A little oasis of calm!
Brian

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Where do you sunbathe?
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2006, 10:45:32 AM »
Quote from: Graham_and_Karen

R & C
R&C - I think you must be thinking of the main Amoudi or Damnoni beaches - certainly when we've been to Micro Amoudi at the beginning of September it's definitely a naturist beach.
Sorry I meant Plakias far end! I'm sure mikro Amoudi is still a naturist beach one of our friends favourite. R&C

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where do you sunbathe?
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2006, 11:57:12 PM »

R & C
Sorry I meant Plakias far end! I'm sure mikro Amoudi is still a naturist beach one of our friends favourite. R&C
 I'm just as surprised! During our visits early september, the naturist section has stretched past the gap in the sand dunes just past (towards the far end) the Paligremnos. If August is predominantly textiles, I'm glad we visit a few weeks later. Just sad that this year we won't be there  .

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Where do you sunbathe?
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2006, 10:35:08 AM »

R & C
 I'm just as surprised! During our visits early september, the naturist section has stretched past the gap in the sand dunes just past (towards the far end) the Paligremnos. If August is predominantly textiles, I'm glad we visit a few weeks later. Just sad that this year we won't be there  .
In August the beach is full of greeks I thinks that why, I bet your sad your not going this Sept. We are going in Sept for first time as normally do June & Oct but this due to work commitments it's was June & back Sept can't wait!

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where do you sunbathe?
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2006, 08:33:38 AM »
Thanks - Useful info. We'll know to avoid August. Another year, I think we'll probably switch from early Sept. to late Sept to get some slightly cooler weather - makes for easier walking and less time under the trees at the far end, more time in the sun  

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Where do you sunbathe?
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2006, 08:54:17 AM »
Thanks - Useful info. We'll know to avoid August. Another year, I think we'll probably switch from early Sept. to late Sept to get some slightly cooler weather - makes for easier walking and less time under the trees at the far end, more time in the sun  

A good time - just watch out as that is Saga Lout Season  

Offline Alex_Kidd

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where do you sunbathe?
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2006, 01:36:46 PM »
Quote from: John R
A good time - just watch out as that is Saga Lout Season  

D'oh! I'm so scared...!    

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where do you sunbathe?
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2006, 04:18:14 PM »

R & C
Just coming to the end of a 2-week stay, all of it spent at the far end.  There are textiles there, but not exclusively.  The proportion to clothes-optional is probably about 50/50.  The place is also not just full of Greeks though they are there, of course.  Other nationalities appear to be mainly Germans and Brits.  Hope this helps.
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline roger

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where do you sunbathe?
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2006, 03:21:22 PM »
I am often in Plakias in the latter part of august and the first few days in september . I spend most days at Mikros Amoudhi but usually the first  day = having travelled overnight so not wanting to go far - at the far end and occasionally the odd day there later on . I have found a considerable difference in the short time i am there in both the naturist textile balance at the far end and in how far along the beach it is possible to bare all = in both cases better for naturism later on . no such difference notable at mikros Amoudhi = that is always 80 % + naturist
 roger

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Where do you sunbathe?
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2007, 06:48:35 PM »
Up front, this is not a "genuine" post ..... but

This thread has shown on the "View New Posts" search several times this week, showing Roger as having posted "Today at 12:45" - when I open the thread it has Roger's post from last August as the most recent ..... strange or what :?:

In the hope of stopping this odd glitch, I thought I'd try a quick reply to see if it makes things work properly.  We'll see ....
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 06:49:43 PM by Chas »
Chas

Stupidity is its own reward.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Where do you sunbathe?
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2007, 07:50:27 PM »
i think it's because someone has added to the poll!