login

Author Topic: best for single woman  (Read 10043 times)

Offline jann

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
best for single woman
« on: April 17, 2010, 11:14:06 PM »
I will be in Plakias in just over 2 weeks and will be alone for the first time, my last trip was in 1992 so I'm out of touch, I would be grateful for any suggestions as to where are the best places for a single woman to go ?

Thanks Jann

Offline LinR

• View Profile
    • Email
best for single woman
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 11:31:04 PM »
Quote from: jann
I will be in Plakias in just over 2 weeks and will be alone for the first time, my last trip was in 1992 so I'm out of touch, I would be grateful for any suggestions as to where are the best places for a single woman to go ?

Thanks Jann
Hi Jann,

Harakas on the front is lovely, very friendly lady owner who will make you welcome. The tables are situated so you don't have to be in the middle of lots of people and can sit to the side.
I really hope you have a good break and a relaxing time

Lin

Offline jann

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
best for single woman
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 11:58:19 PM »
Quote from: Lin & Steve

Thanks Jann
Hi Jann,

Harakas on the front is lovely, very friendly lady owner who will make you welcome. The tables are situated so you don't have to be in the middle of lots of people and can sit to the side.

Lin

Oh thanks Lin,

I've just looked on the map and I know where it is now. I'm staying at Kostas Chrysoulla so it'll be quite handy.    

thanks for your wishes I'm sure it'll be great, Plakias is 'special'

Jann  

Offline LinR

• View Profile
    • Email
best for single woman
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 10:07:40 PM »

Thanks Jann
Hi Jann,

Lin

Oh thanks Lin,

I've just looked on the map and I know where it is now. I'm staying at Kostas Chrysoulla so it'll be quite handy.    

Jann  

I think you are very strong doing the trip on your own Jann, I'm thinking about whether I could manage it later this year alone as my husband passed away in December and we have been going there for the last 17 years with only a year or two break. Let me know how you get on it may give me the confidence! x

Offline jann

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
best for single woman
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 10:30:47 PM »

Thanks Jann
Hi Jann,

Lin

Oh thanks Lin,

Jann  

I think you are very strong doing the trip on your own Jann, I'm thinking about whether I could manage it later this year alone as my husband passed away in December and we have been going there for the last 17 years with only a year or two break. Let me know how you get on it may give me the confidence! x

Oh I am sorry to hear about your husband Lin,and I do know how you must be feeling at the moment  

No I am not strong, this will be my first holiday alone since my husband died in June 2007. I had just joined the forum intending for us both to try and go even though he was very ill. Unfortunately we never made it.

I had hoped to go alone the following year but couldn't pluck up the courage until now, and even then was literally 'pushed' by my daughter. I was just browsing to see if there were any hols to Plakias (as I often do, dreaming really) I came across this deal and showed it to her  as it was at Kostas Chrysoulla where we stayed before. She literally grabbed the laptop and before I knew it she had booked it  

Offline jann

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
best for single woman
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 10:30:47 PM »

Thanks Jann
Hi Jann,

Lin

Oh thanks Lin,

Jann  

Oh I am sorry to hear about your husband Lin,and I do know how you must be feeling at the moment  

No I am not strong, this will be my first holiday alone since my husband died in June 2007. I had just joined the forum intending for us both to try and go even though he was very ill. Unfortunately we never made it.

I had hoped to go alone the following year but couldn't pluck up the courage until now, and even then was literally 'pushed' by my daughter. I was just browsing to see if there were any hols to Plakias (as I often do, dreaming really) I came across this deal and showed it to her  as it was at Kostas Chrysoulla where we stayed before. She literally grabbed the laptop and before I knew it she had booked it  

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
best for single woman
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 08:50:23 AM »
Hi Girls
Don't worry about travelling or being in Plakias on your own. I've been doing a lone holiday for a while and over the years have seen numerous women alone in Plakias.
All the bars and restaurants are safe havens, so don't worry, until I decide whether to go this year or not you'll be in safe hands with the locals and the tourists.  
Who knows if you let all of us know when you'll be there, some forum members might like to meet up as sometimes happens.

Have a good one girls and enjoy!

george...

Offline jann

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
best for single woman
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 02:16:01 PM »
Quote from: George
Hi Girls
Don't worry about travelling or being in Plakias on your own. I've been doing a lone holiday for a while and over the years have seen numerous women alone in Plakias.
All the bars and restaurants are safe havens, so don't worry, until I decide whether to go this year or not you'll be in safe hands with the locals and the tourists.  
Who knows if you let all of us know when you'll be there, some forum members might like to meet up as sometimes happens.

Have a good one girls and enjoy!

george...

Thanks George,     not sure about 'girls'  though  

Lin if you can get a flight out on 4th May maybe we can be 'brave' together    

Jann

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
best for single woman
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 07:32:33 PM »
George,
Dont you have to keep going back every year just to apologise for the previous year? !!  

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
best for single woman
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 08:20:48 AM »
Thanks Barny!! That's boosted the 'girl's' confidence. I blame it on the Raki, and Babbis's hospitality, and every time I go back it's the same   .
I try to be good honest!!      

Nice pic Jan!!

george...

Offline jann

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
best for single woman
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 08:48:58 AM »
Thanks Barny!! That's boosted the 'girl's' confidence. I blame it on the Raki, and Babbis's hospitality, and every time I go back it's the same   .
I try to be good honest!!      

Nice pic Jan!!

george...

think I remember you saying you went September George    

Have I had a lucky escape  

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
best for single woman
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 08:59:45 AM »
Usually Last week August, first week September, I like it when it's hot Jan.
But I'm flexible I can go anytime, so if I can get a room and a flight (remember them?), and I'm in the mood I'll go tomorrow!

Lucky escape? I don't know what you mean Jan      

george...

Offline jann

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
best for single woman
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 09:11:28 AM »
Usually Last week August, first week September, I like it when it's hot Jan.
But I'm flexible I can go anytime, so if I can get a room and a flight (remember them?), and I'm in the mood I'll go tomorrow!

Lucky escape? I don't know what you mean Jan      

george...

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
best for single woman
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 09:23:08 AM »
 ??? You're not going to get much of a suntan in that thing Jan!  

george...

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
best for single woman
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 09:30:14 AM »
Sorry George, hope i haven't ruined your cred !!

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?