login

Poll

Will you visit Plakias again if the huge appartement-complex on the beach will be built?

I will buy one!
3 (23.1%)
Though it breakes my heart: I won´t come again!
4 (30.8%)
I don´t care!
6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Poll about the new buildings by the sea  (Read 7369 times)

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shinaria@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reuters-design.de
    • Email
Poll about the new buildings by the sea
« on: September 21, 2004, 12:16:10 PM »
And here is the poll... I hope it works

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 12:53:05 PM »
And here is the poll... I hope it works
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2450\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It works but I pressed the wrong button  

Personally I will wait to see how it all pans out, not going to get too worried just yet. Just pray that is doesn't happen.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 01:22:05 PM »
I hope it won't alter the character of the place. I can't imagine it will be close to 100% occupancy as many will be owned as holiday homes but without the intention to rent out. - We'll worry about it if and when it happens.

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 07:01:39 PM »
With you, Ploppy, Graham and Karen.
It will take a lot to keep me away from Plakias - but I won't be happy if it turns into another Malia, I'll be looking elsewhere
John - Ostraco

Offline hopper

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 08:29:09 AM »
Believe me, the character of the place has already changed heaps since 1975, and from all of your reports it sounds as if it is still paradise. So I don't think those buildings will make much difference.
In 1975 you walked everywhere, there was no big resort, you could not change money or buy milk, all the food was basic Kretian, ie plane and oily :'( , there was no Hanimag, in fact no umbrellas or any development on the little Damnoni beaches  , you could sleep on the beach  , we were a novelty, there was no bitumen road except the one to Mirthios, people rode their donkeys (and the wives walked behind and caried everything (pure gentlemen))  ,  main tourists were poor, shoestring travelling backpackers, no organised tourism, the doughnut man was still a fisherman, the greeks spoke hardly English, most beaches were nude (although illegally), the wind was just the same, the rock in little amoudi was still standing up see photo,   crowds came only in July/August, non Kretians could not buy land or houses, the sea was clean and pure, there were lots of fish, people dumped their rubish anywhere, standards drinks was ouzo, (2 drachmas ( 1 pound was 48 drachmas), recina (12 dr), raki 2dr, beer (Amstel) 18 dr, beautiful cool water from the mountains free, Room rent was 100 dr, a greek salad was 12 dr, beautiful chips fried in olive oil 6 dr.
So, if its still nice, it is probably because we have changed and its topography is absolutely stunning and the people are still hospitible and very friendly.
So I hate to say, but I vote for 'Don't care'.
cheers Hopper
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 08:35:14 AM by hopper »

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shinaria@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reuters-design.de
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 03:13:15 PM »
[attachment=79:attachment]
Being aware to be a part of the misery done to Plakias as a tourist I know that we as guests should be careful with "good advices". It might be allowed to say: We loved the place as it once was and in many ways still is. I know that in town there are some people that try to protect this beauty and others that only want to maximize their profits overnite. May be good for the first grop of people to know that they are not totally wrong!    

I wonder if the little Photoshop exercise will be shown in this posting and I wonder if I have placed it on the right section of the map?!
Fits nice here...   :'(

Green peace for Plakias!
Shinaria

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 03:47:09 PM »
[attachment=79:attachment]
Being aware to be a part of the misery done to Plakias as a tourist I know that we as guests should be careful with "good advices". It might be allowed to say: We loved the place as it once was and in many ways still is. I know that in town there are some people that try to protect this beauty and others that only want to maximize their profits overnite. May be good for the first grop of people to know that they are not totally wrong!     

I wonder if the little Photoshop exercise will be shown in this posting and I wonder if I have placed it on the right section of the map?!
Fits nice here...   :'(

Green peace for Plakias!
Shinaria
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2663\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Holy crap! Didn't realise it was that substantial... sigh
Good work by the way.