Author Topic: Nudist beaches  (Read 47000 times)

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Nudist beaches
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2005, 01:16:39 PM »
Well I guess you've found out by now ... when I was last there back in the late 20th century they had installed sunbeds, umbrellas and even a shower, not at all like the old days ...

Yes, I have found out now. There are sunbeds and umbrellas on the beach though not as many as I remember from a few years ago. I remember one year when it wasn't possible to lay on the sand without going behind all the sunbeds - now there's plenty of room in front of them. So it's not like the old days when you had to scramble over the headland to get there - I did walk over there this year where the path used to go, but you get your ankles and shins all scratched with the undergrowth that has grown back again. However, the beach is quite acceptable to me in its current state.

Greecemad

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nudist beaches
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2010, 03:38:29 PM »
Quote from: Greecemad
Well I guess you've found out by now ... when I was last there back in the late 20th century they had installed sunbeds, umbrellas and even a shower, not at all like the old days ...

Yes, I have found out now. There are sunbeds and umbrellas on the beach though not as many as I remember from a few years ago. I remember one year when it wasn't possible to lay on the sand without going behind all the sunbeds - now there's plenty of room in front of them. So it's not like the old days when you had to scramble over the headland to get there - I did walk over there this year where the path used to go, but you get your ankles and shins all scratched with the undergrowth that has grown back again. However, the beach is quite acceptable to me in its current state.

Greecemad
Has the shower at the far end been fixed yet? or is it still spewing out water?

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nudist beaches
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2010, 04:23:53 PM »
Quote from: spottttttt
OMG You don't mean it was spewing out Mythos do you?  

Sorry spotttttt you lost me there, isn't that what showers are supposed to do, 'spew out water'?

george...

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nudist beaches
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2010, 04:41:18 PM »
Quote from: George

Sorry spotttttt you lost me there, isn't that what showers are supposed to do, 'spew out water'?

george...

I'm not sure which one is intended George. The first one is behind the first block of beds and is of the push the button and get a short spray kind. Perhaps this was running constantly. Otherwise we have the hosepipe on a stick by the trees. I can't see how that could be "fixed". I hope it isn't fed from a metered supply  

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nudist beaches
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2010, 05:05:56 PM »
Quote from: Mike from Sussex
Quote from: George

george...

I'm not sure which one is intended George. The first one is behind the first block of beds and is of the push the button and get a short spray kind. Perhaps this was running constantly. Otherwise we have the hosepipe on a stick by the trees. I can't see how that could be "fixed". I hope it isn't fed from a metered supply  
Oh its a hose pipe is it? I thought it was a shower with the shower head broken off which allowed water to spew out continously. I stand corrected!!

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nudist beaches
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2010, 05:28:39 PM »
Spottttt - My (and several others') understanding is that the end 'shower' is allowed to run continuosly so that the water in the pipe doesn't get scaldingly hot. Maybe not a strong arguement at the moment but makes sense in the height of summer.

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nudist beaches
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2010, 06:11:49 PM »
Quote from: Graham_and_Karen
Spottttt - My (and several others') understanding is that the end 'shower' is allowed to run continuosly so that the water in the pipe doesn't get scaldingly hot. Maybe not a strong arguement at the moment but makes sense in the height of summer.
Makes perfect sense, thanks Roll on July!!!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 06:12:49 PM by spottttttt »

Offline Dutchy

• View Profile
    • http://www.loutro.tk
    • Email
Nudist beaches
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2010, 06:30:27 PM »

Maybe it also reduces the risk of legionella developing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legionella

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Nudist beaches
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2010, 08:27:41 PM »

Both showers have worked in the same way during our stay and we enjoyed it every day.
Personally, I do not like the end "shower" because there are so much bees and I am allergic against a bite of bees.
Therefore I avoid to go to this shower.