Author Topic: Kosmar - Chania ?  (Read 4901 times)

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Kosmar - Chania ?
« on: August 24, 2005, 09:44:53 AM »
I found this statement in another Crete forum - together with a couple of confirmatory statements. I think that a bit of judicial checking with the UK agent may be justified :-

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Kosmar - Chania warning    
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be aware that if you are flying into Chania this summer with Kosmar you may NOT be going to the accommodation (or even resort) that you have booked!! The UK office have chosen not to inform guests prior to departure (although they DO have the details) and are satisfied that they can leave this task to their manager to tell 'guests' upon arrival at Chania airport!
Kosmar have no explanation! They are not overbooked - they have simply chosen to leave rooms empty and transfer 'guests' to alternative accommodation.
And, just for good measure, the flight from East Midlands lands at Santorini on its way into Chania and the Bristol and Birmingham flights are combined into one - another scenario which is not revealed to 'guests' until they arrive at their UK airport!!

John R

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar - Chania ?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 11:34:23 AM »
I found this statement in another Crete forum - together with a couple of confirmatory statements. I think that a bit of judicial checking with the UK agent may be justified :-
Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Kosmar - Chania warning   
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be aware that if you are flying into Chania this summer with Kosmar you may NOT be going to the accommodation (or even resort) that you have booked!! The UK office have chosen not to inform guests prior to departure (although they DO have the details) and are satisfied that they can leave this task to their manager to tell 'guests' upon arrival at Chania airport!
Kosmar have no explanation! They are not overbooked - they have simply chosen to leave rooms empty and transfer 'guests' to alternative accommodation.
And, just for good measure, the flight from East Midlands lands at Santorini on its way into Chania and the Bristol and Birmingham flights are combined into one - another scenario which is not revealed to 'guests' until they arrive at their UK airport!!
John R
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4165\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi John
I've got friends (newbies) of mine in the Lamon with Kosmar at the moment - Gatwick direct to Chania. He phoned me on Sunday and they've had no problems, other than a 3 hour transfer.
Let's hope we don't get any confirmation of your report.
george g...

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Kosmar - Chania ?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 12:08:58 PM »
For the last month I've been helping Marie, the Kosmar rep, with the transfers (just seeing people off and showing them to their apartments) and I have not heard anything about people not being where they want to be.

There does seem to have been a lack of information about the flights.  Even people booking at the last minute do not seem to be aware that they are going via Santorini (only on the way over here).

Ali

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Kosmar - Chania ?
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 01:35:46 PM »
For the last month I've been helping Marie, the Kosmar rep, with the transfers (just seeing people off and showing them to their apartments) and I have not heard anything about people not being where they want to be.

There does seem to have been a lack of information about the flights.  Even people booking at the last minute do not seem to be aware that they are going via Santorini (only on the way over here).

Ali
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4170\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

We have travelled/used Kosmar quite a few times in the past and had no reason to complain but in this instant I would advise anyone hoping to travel to Plakias via Kosmar to get their Travel Agent to confirm their personal booking.

Dotty
Dotty

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar - Chania ?
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 01:04:45 PM »
We've just come back from Plakias, flying with Kosmar. As has been stated elsewhere, the transfers from Chania are just as long as those from Heraklion. In fact it's quite galling that you have to divert to the resorts on the other side of Rethymnon before coming back to drop off in Plakias. This year there were about 12 people being dropped off in Plakias - enough for Kosmar to lay on a mini-bus I would have thought. Yes, it would cost them more but if I knew a that a company had shorter transfer times to Plakias, I would favour them over ones with longer transfer times

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar - Chania ?
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 10:33:24 AM »
I got the second edition of the Kosmar brochure last night and theyv'e picked up the Aretousa apartments by the Secret nest and Nicos apartments behind the campsite. They said when I phoned them for next year that they are not taking singles unless it is a very late booking. She actually said 'Will you be going in the next few days' I said no next year and there was no chance of a booking. Looks like youv'e got me again Olympic!
There were a lot of rumours going around this year, that more accoms were being taken up by the big two. Let's hope Olympic pick up a few more.
george g...

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Kosmar - Chania ?
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 10:08:58 PM »
Looks like Olympic might get our vote next year too George. We will just have to wait and see an awful lot of changes appear to be happening in more ways than one :'(
Dotty

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Kosmar - Chania ?
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 10:41:12 AM »
Looks like Olympic might get our vote next year too George. We will just have to wait and see an awful lot of changes appear to be happening in more ways than one :'(
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4520\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've calculated my costs for next year (already booked flight) and for the first time (for me) find little difference in cost between Kosmar prices and going it alone. Haven't really looked at Olympic prices.

Stella Beckons