login

Author Topic: More Questions  (Read 3060 times)

Offline JulieB485

• MSN Messenger - Juliebotterill@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Juliebot
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Juliebot1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.laceyandvanessa.homestead.com
    • Email
More Questions
« on: June 16, 2003, 07:10:43 PM »
Its now only about 5 weeks until we finally visit Plakias and I have a few more questions!!

1.) Am concerned it will be very hot at night so was planning to pack a couple of electric fans - however since they are so bulky was wondering if it might be possible just to buy some there - I got my last one in Spain and it was similarly priced to over here - I am assuming there won't be a B and Q type place - but what do you think experienced Plakias goers? Should I pack them or will I be able to get them there?
(If I buy them there I will give them away at end of trip if they won't fit in luggage)

2.) Have multiple problems with food - what sort of food places are there? I am assuming typical Greek restaurants which I probably won't be able to eat in because of allergies etc - unless staff speak good English and can put up with a fussy customer LOL

3.) I have forgotten question 3 but I did have one so will return later when I remember it LOL

Thanks in advance for any help!

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
More Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 09:13:34 PM »
The large store at the East end of Plakias may sell electric fans but I'm not too sure.

I'm a food fad - not with any allergies though. My wife however likes to eat ethnic wherever she is. All the eating places are typical Greek Taverna type but all have very wide ranging menus from which even I can choose with delight while my Wife also chooses to her delight.  All the taverna staff speak excellent English but may not have detailed knowledge af allergies. They will have detailed knaowledge of constituents of the food they provide and will be very helpful. My wife frequently has detailed and interesting conversations with the staff about the recipes of her choices. If "all else fails" there is a (very good) fish and chip shop - which should be visited even when all has not failed.  That shop is not a Malia type rough outfit but provides excellent variety - but with a bias towards UK type fish and chips  - very inexpensive as well. Excellent full meal type salads are available at most, if not all,  places. The main thing is that you have large choice menues from a large number of eating places - so I think it likely you will find a place to satisfiy your personal requirements.

John R

Offline Allan Barham

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
More Questions
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 08:41:01 AM »
I don't think that you will have any problem buying a fan - assuming that there isn't one in your apartment already.  There is a supermarket on the main road just past the Lamon Hotel that has a basement area selling all manner of domestic equipment and I'm sure that you will find a fan there.

If you are worried about allergies, do try eating at the smaller family-run establishments (like Medousa, Secret Nest, Kastro, Glaros, etc).  They will be only too glad to take you into the kitchens and if you give them enough notice, will be happy to cook something special for you.

When you can remember the third question I'll try and answer that one too!

Regards,

Allan

Offline RobM.

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - rmontier2002@yahoo.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
More Questions
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 01:00:02 PM »
Best meal I had was at the Corali fish restaurant on the front.  Karen and I shared a mixed fish grill (Swimswimswim!) and it was €17 for 2 meals. (Brian had the red mullet)  Fish (obviously), swordfish steak and octopus. Munched ourselves silly!