Author Topic: great night out!  (Read 6025 times)

Offline ARGONAUT

• View Profile
    • Email
great night out!
« on: September 09, 2005, 04:14:47 PM »
il be doing the exploring till my friends arrive on 23 sept, guess we'l be looking for couple major night out. What are the good watering holes with music good atmosphere? maybe some dancing?

thanks argonaut

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
great night out!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 10:01:13 PM »
il be doing the exploring till my friends arrive on 23 sept, guess we'l be looking for couple major night out. What are the good watering holes with music good atmosphere? maybe some dancing?

thanks argonaut
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4335\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Siga siga

By the time your friends are around as well, we hope you have learned to appreciate the special ambience in Plakias. Please respect this and behave as GUEST.
Thank you.

Best and only bar: Ostraco
Best and only night club: Meltemi ( Expect 60 - 70 Music)

If you look for more action take the PM bus to Malia and return by the AM bus.
Look outside the windows on your retour trip. Might feel sickening?

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
great night out!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 03:37:14 PM »
Argonaut,

It depends on what you call a bit night out.  In Plakias our big nights are a warm up drink in Smerna, upstairs Ostraco for music and maybe a bit of dancing and then along to Meltemi.  As we usually don't go out until after 11 this can take you through to dawn, with a well earned visit to the bakery to see the sunrise.

Have a good time

Ali

Offline ARGONAUT

• View Profile
    • Email
great night out!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 07:40:22 PM »
thats only slightly annoying, we are talking a couple of nights out not mayhem caused by lager louts. If we wanted to do 2 weeks of booze and beach we would not have come to Crete. you have got me thinking Plakias is full of the purple hair rinse brigade!!!!

concerned --- argonaut

thanks argonaut

Siga siga

By the time your friends are around as well, we hope you have learned to appreciate the special ambience in Plakias. Please respect this and behave as GUEST.
Thank you.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4345\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
great night out!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 08:33:47 PM »
thats only slightly annoying, we are talking a couple of nights out not mayhem caused by lager louts. If we wanted to do 2 weeks of booze and beach we would not have come to Crete. you have got me thinking Plakias is full of the purple hair rinse brigade!!!!

concerned --- argonaut

Absolutely not. Malia (North Coast) is a place for 2 weeks of booze and beach. Plakias is gentile and surely has a little of something for everyone and with few excesses except in the sheer beauty of the place.

Never any mayhem caused by Lager Louts. Perhaps a little late evening frivolity at the gentile establishment, The Livicon, caused by our early October group aptly named the Saga Louts.

John R

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
great night out!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 09:03:56 PM »

Hi Jason,
We have perhaps got the wrong impression of you by your earlier posts and used words.
We just want to protect the place, as we love it and their inhabitants.
Our apologies if our post was annoying to you. :'(
You certainly will understand what we mean after your stay.
Have an enjoyable holiday.  
Regards
Beachcombers

concerned --- argonaut

thanks argonaut

Siga siga

Thank you.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4345\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4367\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Offline sheryl

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sherylhume1
    • View Profile
    • Email
great night out!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 03:41:08 PM »
hi i'm a boozy night life person........not to the malia extent though - just have made alot of friends over the years and always make a point of going out with them or going to there bar to catch up. my night usually consists of a quiet drink in the platia or the livicon (comfy seats) after having our evening meal - then like ali head along to the smera, stop for 1 in galios (?) then afew more in the ostraco up stairs and down...and by then its meltemi time.  or there is the beach bar at the far end for a wee night cap and if your still standing the bakery for breakfast.
i would like to point out i am neither a lager lout    or an alcoholic
sheryl

Offline ARGONAUT

• View Profile
    • Email
great night out!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 05:49:07 PM »
thanks sheryl, just what i wanted to hear about - a decent few watering holes for us recovering Scot's alchy's   !

ta   jASON

hi i'm a boozy night life person........not to the malia extent though - just have made alot of friends over the years and always make a point of going out with them or going to there bar to catch up. my night usually consists of a quiet drink in the platia or the livicon (comfy seats) after having our evening meal - then like ali head along to the smera, stop for 1 in galios (?) then afew more in the ostraco up stairs and down...and by then its meltemi time.  or there is the beach bar at the far end for a wee night cap and if your still standing the bakery for breakfast.
i would like to point out i am neither a lager lout    or an alcoholic
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4383\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
great night out!
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 11:43:21 AM »
thanks sheryl, just what i wanted to hear about - a decent few watering holes for us recovering Scot's alchy's   !

ta   jASON

hi i'm a boozy night life person........not to the malia extent though - just have made alot of friends over the years and always make a point of going out with them or going to there bar to catch up. my night usually consists of a quiet drink in the platia or the livicon (comfy seats) after having our evening meal - then like ali head along to the smera, stop for 1 in galios (?) then afew more in the ostraco up stairs and down...and by then its meltemi time.  or there is the beach bar at the far end for a wee night cap and if your still standing the bakery for breakfast.
i would like to point out i am neither a lager lout    or an alcoholic
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4383\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4384\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Jason,
As you might have seen I am Dutch and English is not my first language.
Due to this a different meaning to "watering hole" was crossing my mind.
Meanwhile I learned the correct meaning.  
Initially I thought it was a place were you can spill / spoil / feast like beasts etc.   (E.g.: Malia)
Again my apologies for causing nuisance.

Leen