Author Topic: Kosmar  (Read 29793 times)

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2007, 05:14:37 PM »
Quote from: Ali & Dave
Good news and bad....

I've got a job, working in the Alianthos Car Hire in the evening.  Really pleased.

Ali - We are really pleased to hear that. And well done you setting up contacts for the ex Kosmar accommodation. That was not "advertising" but a highly desirable thing for you to do which will give a great amount of satisfaction to both client and customer. This sort of thing makes this forum really worth while - very much a two way process. You deserve thanks from both sides of the equation.

best wishes - and have a great Winter

John and Gillian
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 05:15:23 PM by John R »

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2007, 08:08:14 PM »
When I go to Crete in June I tend to pay 25 euro per night everywhere. This year I stayed 5 nights in the Pension Kyriakos in a double room with private shower and large balcony facing the sea (overlooking the road by the post office and fish and chip shop). Air conditioning was 5 euro per night extra. As far as I can remember everything was in order - no broken window or toilet etc.

Greecemad

Offline jenny

• View Profile
Kosmar
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2007, 10:54:33 AM »
Ali - Great news!  Well done.  All the best for that.

My previous comments came directly from a property owner whose 'office' was the bar LOL and one afternoon he had what was obviously a 'business' meeting with a chap wearing a tie, with a briefcase.  We stayed at a respectful distance on the other side of the pool (although it was all Greek to us anyway LOL)  Afterwards we said to him 'That looked very serious' - he was obviously quite rattled and as there was no-one else there he told us the other chap was his solicitor and what the holiday company had done to him and others in the village.  He hadn't signed over the whole of his property - but with the lack of revenue over the previous couple of years, there was by now no spare cash to pay for advertising elsewhere.

I really hope he managed to pull it round, cos it was superb accommodation, absolutely pristine and well-cared for - cleaning and clean towels every day, bedlinen every 2nd day, huge rooms, balconies all about half as big as the shared one on the front at Zorbas, quite a large pool, terrace, beautiful gardens, if you ordered anything with salad he went and picked it - etc etc

It was the World Cup semi and final whilst we were there - and that was completely manic - to say the least!  (I have to say, manic locals, not yer archetypal lager louts - but it would just have been rude not to join in, wouldn't it?)
Jenny

Naturist and Hell's Grandma

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2007, 01:09:51 PM »
Hi everyone

Thanks again for all you kind thoughts.

I now have contact details for Nikos Studios, they are:

Tel/Fax - 0030 28320 31209
email - nikosstudios@hotmail.com
website - www.nikos-studios.net

Ali

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2007, 09:55:13 AM »
Me again,

Now have contact details for Aretousa.  If you phone Angelos, the son, he can help you.  Some of you may know him already as he works at the K.C. pool bar.

Tel:  0030 6973755683

Ali

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2007, 10:11:55 AM »
You're doing a cracking job Ali.

I'm sure that the contacts and the potential customers are very appreciative.  

george g...

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2007, 11:14:26 AM »
Quote from: Ali & Dave
Me again,

Now have contact details for Aretousa.  If you phone Angelos, the son, he can help you.  Some of you may know him already as he works at the K.C. pool bar.

Tel:  0030 6973755683

Ali

Well done Ali.

Any people thinking about going independent - the above is a cracking good place - and that is said by me - a devoted and loyal Stella supporter.

John R

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2007, 11:25:31 AM »
I'll second that John, I walked passed it everyday when I stayed at Dora. It's always clean and well presented. If I remember correctly someone put some pictures of the rooms on the site this year. And it's in a convienient spot just seconds from the front.

george g...

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2007, 03:44:41 PM »
Quote from: George
I'll second that John, I walked passed it everyday when I stayed at Dora. It's always clean and well presented. If I remember correctly someone put some pictures of the rooms on the site this year. And it's in a convienient spot just seconds from the front.

george g...
I think I posted pics of the room (mind's not what it was) but can't remember which thread   either.

Vangelina is an excellent hostess although her English was on a par with my Greek.  

For information, it is even more convenient for Ostraco's!  
Chas

Stupidity is its own reward.

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2007, 03:21:13 PM »
Are there any more converts from the Kosmar/Olympic army joining up with the Independents yet??

I'll be arriving on the 02.09 next year and might need a taxi share  

george g...

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2007, 04:45:55 PM »
Are there any more converts from the Kosmar/Olympic army joining up with the Independents yet??

george g...

I'm arriving on the 16th (staying at the Paligremnos) so will probably wave to you as we pass!

Mike

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2007, 08:43:47 AM »
Quote from: Mike from Sussex
I'm arriving on the 16th (staying at the Paligremnos) so will probably wave to you as we pass!

Mike
Are you all avoiding me? Pete and Dawn come back on the 02/09 and your going out on the 16/09 Mike!

Perhaps I'll find an SL to adopt me  

george g...

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2007, 09:21:40 AM »
Quote from: Mike from Sussex

Mike
Are you all avoiding me? Pete and Dawn come back on the 02/09 and your going out on the 16/09 Mike!

Perhaps I'll find an SL to adopt me  

george g...

I would have overlapped you on your second week, but after the Kosmar pull out, the most convenient flight available was a week later. C'est la vie!

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
Kosmar
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2007, 10:35:46 AM »
[quote name='George' date='Dec 13 2007, 03:21 PM' post='10735']

We have booked a flight from Manchester on September 23rd with XL for 2 weeks but as yet we have not booked an accommodation.

We will do that next spring.

We had a good look round this year, so we know where and what we want.

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2007, 03:05:14 PM »
My mole in XL tells me that they have axed 30% of their cabin staff!

Whichever way I think it through, it's bad news for short-haul flights.

Kosmar chop the available resorts/accommodation - will the number of flights be cut "because of lack of demand"?
Chas

Stupidity is its own reward.