login

Author Topic: Sun Beds  (Read 55040 times)

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sun Beds
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »
We like Souda beach the best too. If someone does not have transport or a young family etc they may not want to do the walk in the heat of July and August.
Cannot wait to be sat in the Galini Taverna after the first swim of our Holiday.
Sadly no Doughnuts on the beach, unless we keep missing out.
Here was  a doughnut man selling his wares the day before yesterday at Souda. And there were lots of sunbeds :)

Tony
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2013, 07:20:52 AM »
Doughnuts have arrived, but She tells me they are off limits :-(.
Am staring down at winter coloured legs sticking out of the shorts. Trying to get some kind of a tan before rain returns. Not too long to wait until first holiday of the year to Crete. Have to find my mask and flippers as still not unpacked from last year.

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2013, 09:38:36 AM »
Back to the subject of Sunbeds (groan). I have been told that the excellent person who was running it last year has employed a new person to manage sunbeds and cleaning at the far end.
How are people finding the service and are they happy this season?

Yesterdays storms and torrential rain has removed a lot of sand laid down after the winter and sunbeds have been moved back from the water about six feet. The front line was actually so sharply angled and the sea was beneath that people lying on them could slide gently into the sea ;-).
All being sorted today and the beach is going to have some heavy vehicle to move things back and restore the sand.
The friendly and efficient service is again this season provided by the Son of one of the Hotels owners in Plakias. I am sure regulars know who I mean.
The thread gets longer.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:46:44 PM by Lampyland »

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2013, 10:30:48 AM »
3 weeks on Thursday...... 3 weeks on Thursday...... 3 weeks on Thursday...... 3 weeks on Thursday...... 3 weeks on Thursday...... 3 weeks on Thursday...... 3 weeks on Thursday......

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2013, 06:39:13 PM »
Yesterday we had a really nasty post on the subject of Naturism, sunbeds and the size of their users in Plakias on the Crete TripAdvisor Forums. We applied immediately to have the post removed as it broke forum rules. The post was removed within minutes and the member warned. Used familiar words and phrases. Very strange.

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2013, 08:39:52 PM »
Hmm, make you wonder?

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: June 21, 2013, 05:18:25 AM »
Plakias/ Souda sunbeds 5 euros this year. Only been on Plakias far end once then due to the wind went to Souda which is naturist mostly at the Plakias end both on the sunbeds and the sand. Souda was so much more peaceful that we haven't been back to Plakias. The guy doing the sunbeds isn't as friendly as the one at Plakias but the beach experience is much better. Very mixed crowd. Germans, Dutch French and one or two Brits. A few mixed nude/dressed parties. Really relaxed vibe!

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2013, 06:41:31 AM »
€5 is very reasonable for two sunbeds and a parasol for the day. Thanks for the information.

Offline Steve Jones

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: June 21, 2013, 10:37:54 PM »
€5 for the sunbeds is the same as it has been for the last 3-4 years, AFAIK. Does anyone know who was behind this malicious post on TA?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:40:21 PM by Steve Jones »

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »
Think I met the honorary consul today. I stayed incognito though.

Offline Barny

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2013, 04:10:36 PM »
I will stay well away.

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2013, 08:05:58 PM »
Wasn't wearing a hat.

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2013, 01:40:52 PM »
This topic goes on and on.... I wonder why some  people are so set on getting the far end changed to textile ..... I feel there would be no more demand from UK holiday companies  for this resort than there is now (2 I think im  correct in stating ) so why change something so popular and established?
We started holidaying in Plakias purely because of the naturist beach .We simply like an allover tan and swimming in the sea unclothed.Weve tried the naturist club thing but its not our scene so maybe we arent true naturists.We d just like to point out that  every time  we  have been at the beach there have been families using it,some clothed,some naturist  .
The resort has its own appeal but having visited for the past 12 years we can honestly say we wouldnt return if the naturist beach was closed.
After a day at the beach we enjoy a few drinks at the beach bar and then wander back to our apt.
We would not choose Plakias as a resort if it had "normal" beaches, in our opinion we find it a  little boring in the evenings,same old chat ,same music videos, so once youve enjoyed a pleasant meal theres nothing much going on.I dont want discos or tv bars but theres not even a decent stroll to take as theres no real  harbour etc.
We are certain that ,as the facilities are now , Plakias would NOT appeal to families as a holiday resort so why argue the case at all?
This is just our opinion.
My sentiments entirely and a few years ago I answered a guy who was making his first trip with his wife and two small children and told him exactly that. I've no idea if he still went as I don't remember a response.
Re: The far end, it's a total unoffensive area located at the 'far end' of the beach for visitors to take advantage of and be naked if they want to, that's why it's at the far end away from the rest of the 'ordinary' sunworshippers. It's not seen from the road and it's not overlooked by any high rise buildings as far as I'm aware, so why all all this discussion about it. You go there because you know it's there and want to make use of it, and if you don't you don't! Easy peesy, simples!

george g...

Offline Barny

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2013, 03:27:41 PM »
What time do you call this George?
I've been here ages you know? Where's this far end massage place?   
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2013, 10:07:19 AM »
What time do you call this George?
I've been here ages you know? Where's this far end massage place?
Hiya Barny! Massage? Far End? Nahhhhh!