Author Topic: the mobile phone bill  (Read 2701 times)

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
the mobile phone bill
« on: September 19, 2007, 11:57:40 AM »
How to make cheap calls on your mobile during your vacation in Greece: http://www.explorecrete.com/various/greek_...bile_cards.html

I know a lot of us are not in favour of the mobile phone on holiday but as some people have to take them, have a look at the link to see about cheap mobile rates whilst away. Might save you a few quid?

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
the mobile phone bill
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 01:09:18 PM »
It's a shame the Crete Gazette is no more.
It used to have some interesting articles, like this one.

george g...

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
the mobile phone bill
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 12:31:35 PM »
Quote from: Barny
How to make cheap calls on your mobile during your vacation in Greece: http://www.explorecrete.com/various/greek_...bile_cards.html

I know a lot of us are not in favour of the mobile phone on holiday but as some people have to take them, have a look at the link to see about cheap mobile rates whilst away. Might save you a few quid?

Barny.

We signed up for an access no./PIN with 10$ credit 4 years ago. This year I was  pleasantly surprised to find that the number still works - it really is the cheapest way to phone, but being lazy, I used my mobile a few times.

As most people know, there have been new limits on roaming charges imposed by the EU that came into effect, late August. Vodafone have a 'Passport' option (75p+normal UK rate)that is still cheaper if you generally making long calls but if your typical calls are under 3 mins, then it's cheaper to cancel that option and to revert to the new capped rates (38p/min).