login

Author Topic: Just booked  (Read 15897 times)

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just booked
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2015, 05:37:44 PM »
I only ever drink Mythos - or Alpha if Mythos is not available (Apanemo) - but will give Fix a try for a change.
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Pimo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2015, 08:54:16 PM »
Used to drink Amstel many years ago in Plakis,  then the Mythos fixation took over, so it's only Mythos now!!!

Offline teignkall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2015, 10:39:06 PM »
I to used to be an Amstel drinker then swapped to Mythos when it appeared as a Greek beer on different islands. When it was taken over by Scottish & Newcastle brewery I swapped to Alpha and Fix which I believe are still genuine Greek owned brewery's. There is also a craft brewery in Athens which makes a small range of draught beers, which I am sure some of the forum members have tried. These beers are available on some islands but not highly promoted, if anyone comes across these beers I would recommend trying them. I seem to remember that 'On the Rocks' in Plakias advertised it at one time but did not have any when I asked.

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2015, 10:15:57 AM »
By the way - IF you open the link (for the Fix dark) there are some amusing youtube adverts for it which will make you chuckle (or cluck or quack)!!! I especially like the last one with the "weather vein"

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2015, 03:46:04 PM »
Apparently the micro brewery at Armeni on the road from Rethymnon (on the right as you head to Plakias) is (or was) good. Very local ! I am not sure if it is still operational or if it opens to visitors (my CAMRA colleagues would be keen !). I prefer Mythos. Hubbie likes Amstel but we're always keen to try others so will keep a look out this year !

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2015, 07:51:06 PM »
Oh, I forgot to add last time that I also drink Rethymnon light and dark beer, but am not sure if it's genuinely brewed locally in Rethymnon or by one of the international conglomerates.
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος