Author Topic: pics of the new harbour  (Read 14488 times)

Offline steven

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://members.ziggo.nl/steefbez/
    • Email
pics of the new harbour
« on: June 04, 2007, 06:15:28 PM »
Found those pictures on a german site.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message but a large number of electrons became terribly excited.

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shinaria@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reuters-design.de
    • Email
pics of the new harbour
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 09:31:48 AM »
yes, what a nice view...  
btw: the site is http://www.kretaforum.net

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
pics of the new harbour
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 04:18:19 PM »
Doesn't look like they had started the harbour then. They seem to be casting and stockpiling dolos blocks which will probably form the breakwater for the harbour.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
pics of the new harbour
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 10:11:40 PM »

let's say it all very cretan!

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
pics of the new harbour
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 10:18:11 PM »

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
pics of the new harbour
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 08:23:22 AM »
The road looks a bit of a mess Chris, is it still walkable and are they still working on it during the summer??

george g...

Offline Santa

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - klausmueller95@gmail.com
    • View Profile
pics of the new harbour
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 09:18:49 AM »
Quote from: George
The road looks a bit of a mess Chris, is it still walkable and are they still working on it during the summer??

george g...

For your collective information, they have been working on this project since the end of October- You may not realize, but there is a lot of material that has to be moved to the site- to be specific, the etimate is 6000 truck loads- I do not know what road you art talking about George, but there is nothing wrong with the road to Souda-just the occasional pothole, but you can jump over that . Yes, they will continue to work through the summer, but it should bother none since all the traffic comes fron west of town- nothing will come through Plakias-
Now, just wait when the new road goes in  to the new harbour- in front of the two new villas behind Ostraco- you know the empy lot on your way to the secret nest- It will continue behind the hotel Marilena going east.Then you will be in for some real fun. I suspect this will proceed in the near future- one chap is holding out yet as his property is affected- Will keep you informed.
As far as other developments are concerned, just keep in mind that the lot east of Meltemi is slated for a substantial renovation- perhaps Chris may want to spen his 75K for a spot there?
Ah yes- Progress at last
Santa

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
pics of the new harbour
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 09:33:32 AM »
Update, much appreciated Santa  

george g...

Offline Santa

• Regulars
    • View Profile
pics of the new harbour
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 10:02:28 AM »

george g...

You are welcome- It just occurred to me your question on the road- The pictures that have been posted are in fact the pictures of a new road -below the existing one to get access to the harbour- and yes that one needs work, but it is under construction- hope that clears things up
Santa

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
pics of the new harbour
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 10:17:12 AM »
Quote from: Santa

george g...

You are welcome- It just occurred to me your question on the road- The pictures that have been posted are in fact the pictures of a new road -below the existing one to get access to the harbour- and yes that one needs work, but it is under construction- hope that clears things up
Santa

Certainly does, I've got to take Pete and Dawn over the new road across the Dragon, so as long as it's accessable by car, we'll be ok.

george g...

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
pics of the new harbour
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 12:58:30 PM »
Santa,

I probably missed this when the new harbour was originally discussed, but is it intended for commercial or tourist boats, or both? Seems a bit far out of town for the tourist boats for foot passengers. Will the car ferry from Paleohora to Hora Sfakion be extended to Plakias.

Mike

Offline Santa

• Regulars
    • View Profile
pics of the new harbour
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 03:25:23 PM »
Quote from: Mike G
Santa,

I probably missed this when the new harbour was originally discussed, but is it intended for commercial or tourist boats, or both? Seems a bit far out of town for the tourist boats for foot passengers. Will the car ferry from Paleohora to Hora Sfakion be extended to Plakias.

Mike

OK Mike- just for you-since you were not paying attention  when we discussed this originally- The harbour is officially being built for fishing boats- to provide more protection than the one in town. There are no plans for tourist boats or other commercial boats, but I would not rule out private boats- you know - sailboats -that type of transportation or small power boats. No there will be no car ferry extension as I understand the situation.
Santa

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
pics of the new harbour
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 08:05:02 PM »

george g...

it's just very dirty around the site area and the tarmac is suffering badly near to the selia turn off but it's perfectly useable

i think i should let Denis and Chris describe the work thats going on  

Offline Denis and Chris

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
pics of the new harbour
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 11:50:23 PM »
Quote from: harribobs

george g...

it's just very dirty around the site area and the tarmac is suffering badly near to the selia turn off but it's perfectly useable

i think i should let Denis and Chris describe the work thats going on  
Can't really add much more than whats been said and shown on here.Only that we know 2 of the guys that are working there and they told us it could be 2 to 3 years before this is finished.

Mind you we were sitting in Sifis at the time and it was 2.00 in the morning so at that rate it could be 3 years!!

Offline Alison&John

• View Profile
    • Email
pics of the new harbour
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 09:23:42 AM »
we usually stay at SKINOS 2 which I think is beyond this new harbour development.  Does anyone know if I'm right in thinking that?
Alison