Author Topic: Wind!! Earthquakes!! Pestilence!! Plague!! etc....... etc........  (Read 2318 times)

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
There were apparently 83 earthquakes yesterday. Obviously the drink numbed the wife and I sufficiently that we did not notice them. Other guests however reported 'swinging curtains' and 'strange vibrations'. OOer!!! Angelo at Kostas Chrysoula seems totally unimpressed!
Very windy today but Jeremy the Jimny took us to Souda this morning (beautiful) and Shinaria this afternoon (even more beautiful). For far enders: Souda is naturist at the Plakias end on the sunbeds and the sand around them (about 60/40 nude/dressed today but more like 80/20 yesterday). About 6 nude couples at Shinaria in the left hand corner of the beach when looking out to sea. 2 couples using the sunbeds at that end.
Pestilence and plague........ OK I exaggerated.

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wind!! Earthquakes!! Pestilence!! Plague!! etc....... etc........
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 10:35:57 PM »
We love Souda!
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 07:41:40 AM »
All the years I've been to Plakias and never sat on Souda!

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 10:03:22 AM »
Not sure about the pestilence or plague but wind definitely (and that's not just due to the change of diet) and definitely earthquakes....although 83 in a day seems a bit extreme !
We've sat through one (4.7 on the Richter scale) in the Ostraca bar and, last year, woke up to a 5.7 where the epicentre was just under Gavdos Island.....so if you see things rocking or shaking it's not just the after effects of the raki. It is a bit of an odd sensation (if you do pick up on it) but most of the locals barely notice....they're used to it. Made a couple of my geology friends very jealous !

Souda is lovely....I can heartily recommend it...and it's usually quieter than the other beaches.