Author Topic: Rain  (Read 3279 times)

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
Rain
« on: June 12, 2013, 11:18:02 AM »
What the hells this!!!!!!! Just looked at the Preveli weather station site and it's forecasting rain for tomorrow! And I've hired a Jimny with removable roof!!! We were supposed to drive in blazing sunshine from Heraklion tomorrow afternoon! WOTS GOING ON!!!!!!! :(

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rain
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »
Fear Not.......even if it rains it's usually very warm rain ! We sat through two downpours in 2011 and one amazing four way electrical storm with accompanying monsoon last year. Everything dries out very quickly...so hope the transport is OK. The scent of the island afterwards is amazing ! Not what you'd usually expect but yet another face of a beautiful island.

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »
OK calmed down now. I'm sure the island will look lovely and green afterwards and, despite the forecast, still can't wait for tomorrow.

Offline Pimo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 09:43:07 AM »
just had a bit of rain here in Plakias this morning....brightening up now !!!

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 09:26:56 PM »
We sat drinking coffee while it rained then went out to Souda for lunch. Very nice. (not Gallini, the other one). walked around the headland afterwards. Ate at Tasomanolis tonight. Very good it was too.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:31:41 PM by draper10 »

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
Re: Re: Rain
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 07:39:13 AM »
We sat drinking coffee while it rained then went out to Souda for lunch. Very nice. (not Gallini, the other one). walked around the headland afterwards. Ate at Tasomanolis tonight. Very good it was too.
Hello O0
We would love a review and the name of the other Taverna at Souda Beach. Have eaten there but have never seen the name displayed.

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 05:18:32 AM »
Hi Can't remember seeing a name. Just had a lunch of a salad and aplate of stuffed tomato and pepper. Really nice. Well cooked etc.

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 09:36:05 AM »
Thank you. We have never seen a name. I will ask them when I am next visiting. Fingers crossed I have a holiday, Damn hospital visits, grumble mumble.