Author Topic: New Supermarked ?  (Read 6329 times)

Offline charlie

• View Profile
    • http://
New Supermarked ?
« on: February 03, 2009, 05:10:48 PM »
Hi all Plakia lovers!

Have been member of the forum sinze 06 but first time writhing on it! I come from west coast of Norway Karmøy near by Stavanger.
Have a house in Plakia Panorama, who has been a very nice prochekt after all i think!
There is a big building comming up down beside of the road close to P.P Have heard it is a supermarket?
Mabe Ali or David have some information about it ?

Paul C.  

Offline Santa

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - klausmueller95@gmail.com
    • View Profile
New Supermarked ?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 12:03:53 PM »
Quote from: charlie
Hi all Plakia lovers!

Have been member of the forum sinze 06 but first time writhing on it! I come from west coast of Norway Karmøy near by Stavanger.
Have a house in Plakia Panorama, who has been a very nice prochekt after all i think!
There is a big building comming up down beside of the road close to P.P Have heard it is a supermarket?

Paul C.

Charlie-
I have been watching the "growth" of this building and I think it is very unfortunate for some of the houses behind.-it will block some of the views. Also, it really destroys the view of the project as you drive into Plakias. The building is for rent and it is assumed that various businesses will move in- I have also heard that a supermarket will rent space.
The development though is very nice as you say.
Santa

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - rowenabarlow@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.results4u.co.uk
New Supermarked ?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 01:16:13 AM »
Quote from: Santa
Hi all Plakia lovers!

Paul C.

Charlie-
I have been watching the "growth" of this building and I think it is very unfortunate for some of the houses behind.-it will block some of the views. Also, it really destroys the view of the project as you drive into Plakias. The building is for rent and it is assumed that various businesses will move in- I have also heard that a supermarket will rent space.
The development though is very nice as you say.
Santa

Ah yes the supermarket!! We are the owners of the property directly behind this awful thing, it completely destroys our view but we were learning to live with it, however I have since found out there will be an entrance at the front & rear of the shop one directly in front of our patio. To be honest we are devastated by whats happened & wish we had never bought. Also the worry is when no one rents it for their business (we have heard an asking price of £50,000 per yr??) The earth from this building is just piled up to the left so basically we have a nice building site view.

We are true Plakias fans been every year but one since 1994 many twice a year, it is our paradise. We thought very carefully before investing for many different reasons but my advice to anyone now is don't do it, don't turn your dream into a nightmare!

The development itself will be very nice in years to come once the plants are developed, but who will be the next to build more in front?!

I would welcome any updates on this shop when any one gets info however small.

Rowena & Carl

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Supermarked ?
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 09:59:22 AM »
Hello Rowena and Carl,

I'm sorry things haven't turned out as you hoped as will be all the other regulars to this site. Plakias relies on the many who return year after year and you are more regular than most. Hopefully things won't seem so bad once it is finished and is no longer a building site.

Could you or someone else describe where this new "supermarket" is exactly. All I've gleaned so far is that it may be on the road into Plakias from the east.

I was under the impression that what is being constructed on the road to the far end was the only significant development in Plakias being allowed. Obviously not.

Mike

Offline Santa

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - klausmueller95@gmail.com
    • View Profile
New Supermarked ?
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 10:57:53 AM »
Quote from: Mike G
Hello Rowena and Carl,

I'm sorry things haven't turned out as you hoped as will be all the other regulars to this site. Plakias relies on the many who return year after year and you are more regular than most. Hopefully things won't seem so bad once it is finished and is no longer a building site.

Could you or someone else describe where this new "supermarket" is exactly. All I've gleaned so far is that it may be on the road into Plakias from the east.

I was under the impression that what is being constructed on the road to the far end was the only significant development in Plakias being allowed. Obviously not.

Mike

Mike- once you head for Plakias from the fork with the road to Myrthios, about 200 meters on the right side of the road is the development- around 70 units. The subject supermarket is the on the road at the beginning and in front of the development. I hope you now have sense for where it is.
Santa

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Supermarked ?
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 06:40:56 PM »
Dear Rowena and Carl. Sorry to hear the way this new project has affected you. We haven't bought a place in Plakias but, like yourselves, spent several years contemplating it. Last year we walked around Plakias Panorama and were pleasantly surprised by the layout of the apartments and the walkways between them. By then, though we'd decided that buying wasn't for us. I hope prices hold up so that if you do decide to sell, you will have made a profit, at least.

Graham

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • View Profile
New Supermarked ?
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 11:29:14 PM »
Quote from: Graham_and_Karen
Dear Rowena and Carl. Sorry to hear the way this new project has affected you. We haven't bought a place in Plakias but, like yourselves, spent several years contemplating it. Last year we walked around Plakias Panorama and were pleasantly surprised by the layout of the apartments and the walkways between them. By then, though we'd decided that buying wasn't for us. I hope prices hold up so that if you do decide to sell, you will have made a profit, at least.

Graham

Thank you all for your comments,

I hope we will be happy with it all in the end & that we can keep it. We have not bought it as a luxury 2nd home (I wish) but as a property we can hopefully rent to help with our investment in the place we love & hope to spend much more time in later years. It is still in a great location despite everything but our fears are not being able to rent it whilst looking onto a building site, at the moment that also includes the general state of the development too. Every thing was smooth for the first 2 years, all going well but the last 6 months it's been a nightmare, first the supermarket then the severe drop in the £1 against the Euro & the project now running into this season before being finished.

I do want to say though despite the above we still love Plakias & it's people (except whoever built the supermarket!!) It is changing with more development but my view is with no airport close & the Plakias WIND! I'm sure & hope that will keep the masses awa

Hope you all have happy holidays this year

Rowena & Carl

Offline charlie

• View Profile
New Supermarked ?
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 04:14:21 PM »
Quote from: Rowena & Carl

Graham

I hope we will be happy with it all in the end & that we can keep it. We have not bought it as a luxury 2nd home (I wish) but as a property we can hopefully rent to help with our investment in the place we love & hope to spend much more time in later years. It is still in a great location despite everything but our fears are not being able to rent it whilst looking onto a building site, at the moment that also includes the general state of the development too. Every thing was smooth for the first 2 years, all going well but the last 6 months it's been a nightmare, first the supermarket then the severe drop in the £1 against the Euro & the project now running into this season before being finished.

I do want to say though despite the above we still love Plakias & it's people (except whoever built the supermarket!!) It is changing with more development but my view is with no airport close & the Plakias WIND! I'm sure & hope that will keep the masses awa

Rowena & Carl

Dear Rowena & Carl

We was also very disepointed about that building! we are up on the hill 3-60b and hopfully still have view and can se all over Plakia? We havent been there since august 08 but are going 25 of April for 14 days (also  september 10 for 14 days) We are very excited!
Are you reg. at the Plakia Panorama user group? Hope to se you in P.P and think we all have a happy time in Plakia that we love!

Charlie

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • View Profile
New Supermarked ?
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 04:49:51 PM »
Quote from: Rowena & Carl

Graham

Rowena & Carl

Dear Rowena & Carl

We was also very disepointed about that building! we are up on the hill 3-60b and hopfully still have view and can se all over Plakia? We havent been there since august 08 but are going 25 of April for 14 days (also september 10 for 14 days) We are very excited!
Are you reg. at the Plakia Panorama user group? Hope to se you in P.P and think we all have a happy time in Plakia that we love!

Charlie

Hi Charlie

Nice to hear from you, I think your view will be ok but still you will see the building, we are not sure when we are going back to PP yet but I'm sure we will meet you on a visit sometime. We are registered on the PP site also so might talk on there too. I am going now to attempt to add some pictures taken today by a friend from our patio.

Rowena

[attachment=654:image001.jpg]

[attachment=655:image011.jpg]

[attachment=656:image012.jpg]

[attachment=657:image013.jpg]

[attachment=658:image014.jpg]

[attachment=659:image015.jpg]

[attachment=660:image016.jpg]

[attachment=661:image017.jpg]

[attachment=662:image018.jpg]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 04:52:59 PM by Rowena & Carl »

Offline harribobs