Author Topic: Costas-Chrysoula Studios - Upgrade 2012  (Read 8870 times)

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Costas-Chrysoula Studios - Upgrade 2012
« on: June 20, 2012, 02:20:47 PM »
How do I rate this accommodation - Well our room was recently upgraded - flat screen TV, freshly tiled/furnished  bright clean bathroom. Clean and very pleasant compared to average Greek self-catering appartments. Never ending supply of toilet rolls. Fresh towels and bedding regularly. Pots n pans etc to the required number for 2. I could go on but suffice to say were going back in September. It must be good therefore!!

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Costas-Chrysoula Studios - Upgrade 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 02:53:09 PM »
hi all
i couldn`t agree more, writing this on my kindle, on the balcony of no. 19 kostas. we have now stayed in blocks 1, 2, & 4 [above the new council offices] and all are clean and recently decorated.
if any problem at all it is the noise from the local kids and dogs on the road that runs paralel
to costas. currently late afterrnoon,temp 30ish with a gentle breeze. only downside is 8 days gone only5 and a bit left

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 11:06:25 PM »
sounds like they have finally sorted the minor problems that had made the apartments below par

i have always enjoyed staying at the KC and am waiting for s report from our friends who are there now (pete and shirl)

I have only ever watched tv on rainy days and it seemed Al Jeezira was the best reception then .... ::)

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 10:18:08 AM »
hi all
i couldn`t agree more, writing this on my kindle, on the balcony of no. 19 kostas.

The same studio as we were in - nice view of the boat and the sea view is..... a sea view.  ;D
Any joy yet with the TV? I changed the setup to English to try and tune it ::)... not that we were bothered about the TV as we never saw adrop of rain!!! :) :)
[/b][/b][/size][/color]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:22:07 AM by daza »

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 01:43:39 PM »
havent bothered with the tv as so taken
with the sea view, hardly wide screen though!
shouldn't have mentioned the wind yesterday it kicked up overnight somewhat,i was pickng up the doors from the cleaners cuboards
at 3.30 this morning and been blasted with sand on the beach all day

Offline stavros

• Also Pedro_on_Tour on Tripadvisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 08:46:56 PM »
We stayed here with Olympic in June 2011 and were unfortunate with the room we were allocated, which was away from the main hotel and above a residential flat (Room 42?). The family below sometimes used up all hot water, and the rooms themselves were very basic - we have been in Greece about 30 times but not stayed in accommodation with dangling fittings and no lampshade for a number of years. I have seen the same complaints on another site and the owner replied, saying that the annexe was in different ownership (therefore they had "no control" over the rooms in question) and were no longer being used by C-C. Everyone else has nothing but praise, and the people were certainly nice and the pool area was very good. We were just unlucky, I guess.
Visiting Greece and Crete since 1984

Offline SweHa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 11:24:56 AM »
We are quiet sad of being home now, the two weeks in Plakias are over but we have tried to handle the thousands and thousands of memories we got being there. As we booked a package tour with Swedish "Apollo" (belonging to Kuoni group), there was NO other choice but Kostas Chrysoula available since we DON´T enjoy having a stay with breakfast included (or the dreaded All Inclusive, yuc!!). To stay in an apartment doing all the breakfast stuff yourself during morning hours you choose yourself (no "open from 7-10"), you can relax in your own way, dress the way you´re used to (or not at all with the curtains closed). You can also get used to having to create the routine of buying what you most enjoy for breakfast, walking around in the magnificent supermarkets where nothing is missing, really! No, the girls working in those supermarkets are not the most smiling ones or interested in helping you, maybe their jobs are not the most wanted ones although they still HAVE a decent job.

Anyway, we enjoy the private life of living this way, creating routines since we normally slow down considerably in all ways. We did NOT stay in the Kostas Chrysoula main buildings, Chrysoula herself (REALLY nice and friendly woman) took us away to the side street where they share business with "Ouranos Apartments" (sign on the building wall). "We share business togehter since we are related", she said but I couldn´t get the point if that was a brother/sister, or cousin. Anyway, "Room 91" as they called it, "1" on the door though was one of the ABSOLUTELY BEST APARTMENTS WE EVER HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO STAY AT in Greece, counting 14 trips all around the country starting 1999!!!

We got a SPACY room, good enough to hold a dancing contest, fully equipped kitchen, enough soft beds to avoid back problems. A sofa big enough to host our bags, ready to be a bed if you got guests staying over night, PLUS a bed room on the side with enough wardrobe room for our clothes (again, too many) and ANOTHER BED FOR TWO. The balcony was big enough to hold a couple of soccer teams for lunch, including ourselves sitting there enjoying an afternoon beer. All this fulfilled only because I added a request of "second floor please, no  ground apartment" which was taken seriously by the hotel and the rest is history!!!

I really can´t say much about KC since all said above stand out giving us such a nice memory of the accomodation side of this holiday. I really can´t trust the pictures given in the catalogue, we want to SEE a facility to be able to comment.The fact that KC was our only choice gave us a thought how wrong the catalogue in fact was. The main number of apartments at KC are NOT self-catering, I really wonder if there are ANY AT ALL in the two main buildings??? Maybe only the 4 apartments at Ouranos Ap´s are the ones available, we didn´t care to ask.

If I recommend KC to others - well.......YES but DO put demands of your stay if you choose to stay there because if you don´t you´ll take the risk of having breakfast included - losing many options.

/SweHa

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 01:37:28 PM »
I was looking at the Olympic online booking system for 2013 in Plakias and could see no mention of the KC apartments. Dora yes but no evidence of KC. Am I missing something?

John R

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 11:54:05 AM »
I've been checking too - nothing there for K/C - maybe he's not signed up (yet) for 2013? I'll ask Costas in September IF it's still absent from the Olympic website.

Offline Yvonne

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 05:10:24 PM »
Try going directly to a travel agent.  We did that when nothing showed up for next year on line at a particular apartment we like in Kefalos, Kos.  The travel agent pulled up 5!
Yvonne

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 08:40:28 PM »
Maybe  - but if Olympus by any chance have dropped KC then with them being the only UK company to go to Plakias it is unlikely that a travel agent will be able to arrange a package there.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 09:31:29 PM »
some friends of ours were moved to the Oranus  ( some tempting puns come to mind) and indeed they are fantastic!!

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 06:57:27 AM »
There isn't any 2013 Olympic holidays at all out of Humberside Airport, I emailed Olympic about 10 days ago asking when the 2013 Summer Sun Brochures/Holidays would be available, and as per their wonderful customer relations I've had no answer.

Offline kayisi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 09:03:30 AM »
I think it was confirmed that holidays from HUY hadn't sold well, possibly due to the awful (night) flight times and they wouldn't appear again in 2013.  Why not, assuming they are doing the same as this year, pop over to LBA where the Jet2 flight timings are good (0855 out and 1840 back).  Roll on September! :)

Offline Colin & Sandra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 09:14:01 AM »
We will probably end up doing that, we used that option, flying into Chania when we went to Paleochora in 2008.
Humberside is on our doorstep, so we save petrol and parking costs flying from there.