login

Author Topic: Olympic Price reduction  (Read 3541 times)

Offline JBMouse

• View Profile
    • Email
Olympic Price reduction
« on: April 01, 2015, 01:23:46 PM »
Maybe I should not be posting this here,as a nice quiet holiday in Plakias is what we like, but last night I was checking the Olympic prices for Plakias, and struck lucky, good timing or something, as Olympic had reduced the Costas Chrysoulla, from Gatwick, on 6th. October for 1 week to £426, incl 20kg each, transfers, everything. Needless to say I shook their hand before they sobered up, and will be back in Plakias again on 6th. October. We will be in Anaxos, Lesvos in June as well. Yoohoo!!!

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
Re: Olympic Price reduction
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 05:49:47 PM »
Say hello to Ignatios, Athena and Maria if you happen to visit Naos on the Sea front in Anaxos. Will miss them this year. Fairly Jealous of you.
We have not decided on our late holiday yet. Better get a move on.

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 07:41:49 AM »
A flight from EMA in August is down to £399 today! With Jet 2. Has anyone used Jet2 before as I usually go with Monarch?

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 08:11:46 AM »
A flight from EMA in August is down to £399 today! With Jet 2. Has anyone used Jet2 before as I usually go with Monarch?

Barny.

Not sure if you mean just from EMA. We have used Jet2 often from Newcastle to Heraklion and just last week went to Budapest on a Jet2 package Hol, the previous year to Prague. We find them to be a really excellent carrier with adequate leg room.

John

Offline Barny

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 12:54:00 PM »
Flight booked! From East Midlands , In August, £399 including 22Kg.
Can't be bad.

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline Barny

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 12:55:09 PM »
If you go on the jet2 site it costs more than going through the Olympic link on here!

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline JBMouse

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 02:02:08 PM »
Voloudakis, Sorry you won't be there, we haven't tried Naos, we often use Aggelos, where we can watch the sunset with our wine before tucking in.
If I mention your name at Naos will I get chucked out?!!

Back on subject the price at Olympic had gone up to £463 yesterday, today it is £463 BUT today the 20kg is an extra £16. It is plain to see that Olympic are continually juggling their prices, including the main starting price, making it very difficult to know what game they are playing, but hey, I got a good deal, naah na na naah!!!!

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 04:38:23 PM »
Voloudakis, Sorry you won't be there, we haven't tried Naos, we often use Aggelos, where we can watch the sunset with our wine before tucking in.
If I mention your name at Naos will I get chucked out?!!
We go to Aggelos too, is probably one of the oldest place in Anaxos if not the oldest.
The Naos is more of a bar but has always done snacks and now main meals. Nothing posh, we just like Iggy (otherwise known as Elvis).
It is at the opposite end of the beach across the road from the watersport rental hut.
You will not get chucked out  :). He probably will say who? We fell in love with his broken sunbeds (free), years ago when he was just starting out. We always make straight to his place for lunchtime refreshments, Sarandos in the evening and then into Steve's bar (If he is not entertaining the local Police) if we are in the area.
These days we rent in Skoutaros village or on the outskirts of Molivos.
No Olympic Holidays this year as we fly into and out of Chania and we are renting just outside Plakias itself in the second half of our Holiday.