Author Topic: Where to eat 2012 ?  (Read 11241 times)

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Re: Where to eat 2012 ?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 01:43:09 PM »
Cannot understand the hesitation of any reasonably fit person not wishing to walk to Kastro. We are way past our bus pass times and frequently walk past it and also frequently walk to Mirthios. We have a hire car but still do that walking.

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 05:26:48 PM »
Another Kastros visitor here.
We normally stroll up for a couple of lunches and also a couple of dinners, torch handy for the walk in the dark.
Wouldn't worry too much about the lack of footpath, you'll be unlucky if you meet more than one car on your way up.

Marge loves the stuffed Kalimari, has it every time. I've tried all sorts and have no complaints.

Offline Davos

• MSN Messenger - plakias@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://davosplakias.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 06:28:24 PM »
We were there last nght, as good as ever. Yannis is now knocking out T Shirts, picked on up for my son.

Davos
Smile you are in Plakias. :)

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 06:24:43 PM »
Found it was a nice and easy walk to the Kastro but we were the only people eating there on a Friday night at 9.30pm in July.
Voted best Rosé wine in Plakias by my lovely other half. Food was good but we did feel a little lonely although it probably was romantic I am told  ;).

Offline nora

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 09:03:14 PM »
Nice to hear from you Lampyland - hope you are having a lovely holiday and got the room you wanted! I'm looking forward to reading all your recommendations on your return
best wishes Nora

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »
Hi John R. I wasn't complaining about the distance to Kastro. We spent some very pleasant days walking in the hills. Merely the danger of being creamed by a local when walking back down in the pitch dark! The baklava was really good though!

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 10:08:09 PM »
Yes - I must admit that walking in the dark might be a bit daunting. There are steps up from behind Alianthos which would lessen some traffic danger but perhaps not the best path in the dark.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 11:46:25 PM »
i love the food and the atmosphere at the kastro,

the kfeftito is wonderfully seasoned and i wish i had tried the stuffed squid!!

has anyone met their wonderful cat pepi?

Offline Peter&Dawn

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 11:58:41 AM »
Exactly what dish was 'Pepi' in? LOL
Sorry, but I've had a couple of glasses of very nice Ozzie wine, and well it seemed funny at the time.

Pete&Dawn. (Missing Plakias)

Offline jetrotte

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 07:04:33 PM »
I have a little hard to articulate but can not scratch all the eateries up in chronological order corresponding to each state a grade or a very short text, why exactly this taverna is good for this and that. Since I am blood type eating, I must take into account a variety of foods. I do not eat everything, unfortunately. Hope to see you on the natural beach.

/jetrotte

Offline kayisi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 07:17:29 PM »
We didn't try all the eating options during the week we were there.  In fact we only managed four different establishments. 

We tried Muses twice and would put it in the cheap and cheerful bracket rather than a place to go for top quality nosh.  Kri-Kri (once) was a notch up on Muses although my rabbit was just so many bits and pieces it was a bit disappointing.  Medousa (once) served good quality grub but the service was very slow and became excruciatingly so the longer we were there which automatically removed it from my recommended list.

Our best eating was had at Lysseos (3 times).  Good quality food each time with extremely efficient and friendly service.  Top of my list without doubt.

Offline PhilR

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2012, 07:15:54 PM »
Hi
New to the site and only recently become a 'Plakias fan' (June last year and twice this year in June & Sept). I'm surprised that no one (may be wrong) has mentioned 'Kri Kri'.
We tried not to eat there every night but.....
The place was always full. Excellent food (try the garlic bread & cheese on pizza base - to die for). We eventually only ordered starters as there was just too much placed in front of you.
The staff were excellent
We did try Medusa (as recommended here) - OK but 'not for us'
We'll be back next year - already thinking of doing two trips  - we've got the  Plakias 'bug'

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2012, 07:51:27 PM »
Our favourite place to eat is Minoiko. It was closed for a few years because of family problems but the food was divine. Tried many other places but nowhere else came close.
Vrisi in Mirthios is our second choice.