login

Author Topic: just back from our fist visit  (Read 3089 times)

Offline kazi

• View Profile
    • Email
just back from our fist visit
« on: July 13, 2004, 06:46:03 PM »
well we had a great time all in all, however we did have very very strong winds for most of the two weeks. Nothing like getting a free sand exfoliation everytime you stand up on the beach!

we were treated with such kindness by all and given free drinks by the old chief at the alianthos and free coffees in the kyma.

i was very touched when a delivery van man asked me if i was english and then gave myself and my better half an orange each from the back of his van.

The plakias geese have managed to hatch 5 eggs and on the day we left 9th july the geese walked the goslings  up the beach and onto the grass outside the alianthos so they could eat.

The english sunbed man told me they were 5 days old and these were the 1st eggs to hatch in at least 4 years.

If it wasnt for the dredfull transfer ( over 3 hours ) and very cramped plane with firstchoice i would be booking again now.

i wish i was still there and am off to search thr net to find properties for sale  in the area

It seems firstchoice will not be going again after this year as its to expensive for them.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 01:11:25 PM »
Good to hear you enjoyed your holiday, the transfer is a pain in the a, that's a certainty

we'll be going back later this year but i suspect we'll get a'cheapie' on the north coast and drive down under our own steam. It is a lot more pleasant than a crowded coach

slightly on the subject of animals, did you meet the mad dogs by the harbour?

Offline John & Zell

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 01:29:42 PM »
By the way Kazi what happened? you never did turn up for that drink, where were you?
John & Zell

Offline kazi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 12:17:14 PM »
Good to hear you enjoyed your holiday, the transfer is a pain in the a, that's a certainty

we'll be going back later this year but i suspect we'll get a'cheapie' on the north coast and drive down under our own steam. It is a lot more pleasant than a crowded coach

slightly on the subject of animals, did you meet the mad dogs by the harbour?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=1896\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hmm not sure !

We did see quite a few dogs down there but can't be sure if they were the mad ones.

Not to many cats this year as apparently Noahrs ark in chania have been spending a couple of days in plakias during the winter and giving free nuetering to any cat or dog anyopne could catch. I thought this was a great idea as i was told by the english sun bed man that the cats you see around the tavernas are not fed during the  off season and  will probably die.

However this year the council would not allow it to be done as they think that we like to see the cats and would be upset if there were none.

Being an animal lover i would like to have been able to change this but there is nothing one person can do in two weeks.

The geese are fed in winter by the man in the last taverner  at the harbour ( the one with the fish tanks out the back i think).

I think we will make our own way there next time as out total travel time was about 9 hours  this time.

Wish i was still there!!!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2004, 12:21:30 PM by Andy »

Offline kazi

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 12:38:50 PM »
By the way Kazi what happened? you never did turn up for that drink, where were you?
John & Zell
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=1900\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I forgot to bring my print outs with all my info of who what where and when on it, so didn't do anything in the end.

We would loved to have had someone else to chat and have a drink with as we didn't meet many british people.

I went to an internet cafe but  couldnt get to this site to read it all again.

I had a feeling i was suposed to go to the lamon and we did a few times but there never seemed to be anyone else there. ( unless you were the couple i saw a few times laying on sunbeds around the pool.)

Greek internet access was very interesting as all the dialouge boxes and instructions were in greek and it took me ages to even log into the internet.

I spent a good deal of my holiday looking at people and wondering if they visited this site or had they been there  lots of time before.

We will deffinatly go to palkias again so we are bound to meet somtime in the future.. however we will prob make our own way there next time as the organised transfer was just to long for me.

will you go again this year ?