Author Topic: souda beach  (Read 3531 times)

Offline hammerhead

• View Profile
    • Email
souda beach
« on: July 29, 2005, 11:01:57 AM »
I am coming out to damnoni next tuesday for the second time (last time august 2003) can anyone let me know what souda bay is like as i heard quite a lot of people mention it in 2003. Is there a taverna there and is it any good? Any pictures would be great. Thanks

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
souda beach
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 02:43:23 PM »
I am coming out to damnoni next tuesday for the second time (last time august 2003) can anyone let me know what souda bay is like as i heard quite a lot of people mention it in 2003. Is there a taverna there and is it any good? Any pictures would be great. Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3938\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

where are you staying at damnoni? Hapimag?

souda's a nice little bay with a few tavernas there

this is the view from the west, looking down from the headlands

Offline roger

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
souda beach
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 02:44:07 PM »

There have been two tavernas at soudha beach - I assume you mean that rather than Soudha Bay which is on the north coast near Hania. Both fine but they - and Soudha Beach - now get rather crowded since the tarnaccing of the road there was completed a few years ago  and esp at weekends  when a lot of weekenders from other parts of crete go there
roger

Offline hammerhead

• View Profile
    • Email
souda beach
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 04:02:50 PM »

where are you staying at damnoni? Hapimag?

souda's a nice little bay with a few tavernas there

this is the view from the west, looking down from the headlands

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3942\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the photo and yes staying at Hapimag last time we were only english family there but we had a great time. Cant wait to get back out to Crete.

Offline hammerhead

• View Profile
    • Email
souda beach
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 04:05:32 PM »

There have been two tavernas at soudha beach - I assume you mean that rather than Soudha Bay which is on the north coast near Hania. Both fine but they - and Soudha Beach - now get rather crowded since the tarnaccing of the road there was completed a few years ago  and esp at weekends  when a lot of weekenders from other parts of crete go there
roger
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3943\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks Roger, yes Soudha beach is the one I meant. I will try and visit during the week from what you say!
Thanks again